1. Click the External Data tab, then click the Excel command within the Import & Link group.
2. Click browse and go and navigate to your Excel file that you want to import.
3. Click on the spreadsheet you want.
4. Check yes to confirm that your data in Excel has headings in the first row.
5. Specify the data types for the fields. Tip- Zip codes should be text data types, not numbers.
6. Either let Access make up a new ID field which will be the primary key(unique values) or manually pick the field that you want to be the primary key.
7. Name the table and click finish.
After a few minutes of wizard time then your table is ready to go.