Outlook is an awesome tool to stay productive. Here is a quick list of 5 tips you can start using to work faster.
- Drag a file into the email body while composing to automatically create an attachment. This works great if you have a document on the desktop that you want to quickly attach.
- Drag an email to the Calendar to quickly save an appointment. In Outlook 2007 and 2010, drag the email to the To-Do Bar. In Outlook 2013, drag the email to the Calendar icon from the navigation pane. Then save after editing the date/time. All of the notes that were in the email body will now be apart of the appointment details.
- Switch your Outlook signature with a right click. Outlook allows for multiple signatures. Access the signatures from the File tab–>Options–>Mail–>Signatures.
- Right click someone’s email and then choose “add to contacts”.
- Create re-usable text with Quick Parts. Select your text, then click on the Insert tab and choose Quick Parts–>Save Selection to Quick Part Gallery. When you want to reuse the text, simply click on Quick Parts and then choose your item you want. This is fast way to repurpose content.