- How to Use Excel Traffic Lights with Conditional Formatting Dates
- Income and Expense Monthly Budget Excel Workbook
- How to format dates that are over 1 year old to turn red in Excel using conditional formatting.
- Use the Pens Tab in Word to Quickly "Pen" Your Signature
- Create a Countdown Timer With Dates in Excel
In this post I will share with you how to link an Excel chart to a PowerPoint presentation. This is helpful when you expect changes to be made to the Excel chart and you want to have your audience view those changes from in one of your PowerPoint slides.
- Right click the edge of the Excel chart and select copy.
2. Navigate to PowerPoint slide and select the Paste Special menu from the clipboard group.
3. Select Paste Link as Microsoft Excel Chart Object
4. Click File >Info and then click “Edit Links to Files” which is in the bottom right corner of PowerPoint 2010, 2013, and 2016 versions. Check box for “Automatic Update” in the Links box.
Note: It is important that the Excel file is saved to a location in which the PowerPoint can read the link otherwise the update cannot work. Typically you would save the Excel file with the chart to a network drive that is accessible to the file from which the PowerPoint is saved.
Click here to download my PowerPoint shortcuts.
In this post, I am going to explain how to connect Visio shapes. You can connect to the shape or to its connection point.
In this video, I will demo how to format rows with red formatting if the date has been more than a year old. I will use the DATEDIF function to work within the conditional formatting rules.
In this video, I will demo how to create an Excel PivotTable. This PivotTable will have Slicers and Timeline filters as well as a PivotTable chart.
This video will share with you how to search for cells within Excel’s find command and then select all the contents simultaneously.
In the video, I show you how to delete all rows that contain the same value. I use Excel’s find (control + F), type what I want to select. Then I click “find all”). The secret is to do control + A to select all.
With PowerPoint 2013 or 2016, you can create screen recordings and then save video as an mp4 format. First you will need to get Office Mix for free.
Once you download Office Mix, your PowerPoint Ribbon Mix tab will look like this.
Click the Screen Recording button to get started. It will give you an option to drag a selection around the portion of the screen you want to record.
Then you receive a 3-2-1 countdown. The recording will capture any mouse movements that come into the screen space you selected.
After you stop the recording, the video will be embedded into the PowerPoint slide. Right click the video and choose save media as….mp4.
I use this to create my video demos on my blog and then upload them to YouTube. Here is my last video I created about my favorite 6 Excel tips.
The Office Mix tool is one of my favorite software application tools.